Please visit the Cokesbury Bookstore for complete course kits.
Contact Wesley Ministry Network at
firstname.lastname@example.org for course components.
New Products Available: Methodist Identity Part I: Our Story
The Methodist Identity video series explains what it means to be Methodist.
The first course includes eight half-hour long presentations by leading Methodist scholars. Speakers describe the 18th-century Wesleyan revival in England and the growth of Methodism in the United States and around the world. Supplemental videos cover in more detail the rise of Methodism in Europe, Asia, Africa and Latin America.
The course will benefit both lifelong Methodists and those coming to Methodism from other traditions. A study guide and supplemental presentations are included on CD-ROM.
The lessons include:
1. John and Charles Wesley: The Early Years Paul Chilcote (28:15)
2. Methodist Beginnings: 1725-1737 Amy Oden (30:33)
3. Aldersgate and Its Results: 1738 Steve Rankin (15:09)
Methodist History: 1739-1744 Henry Knight (14:18)
4. Early Methodist Revival: 1740-1760 Hoo-Jung Lee (14:09)
Methodism in Britain: 1760-1791 Peter Forsaith (15:47)
5. The Legacy of Charles Wesley S. T. Kimbrough (25:00)
6. American Methodism: 1740s 1860s Douglas M. Strong (16:11)
African Methodism in Early America Dennis C. Dickerson (15:02)
7. The Holiness Movement and Missions Steven OMalley (13:34)
Global Methodism Robert Hunt (17:26)
8. Methodism and Social Holiness Wendy Deichmann Edwards (30:41)
New Products Available: Methodist Identity Part 2: Our Beliefs
This course builds on Part 1: Our Story by examining Methodist beliefs, focusing especially on those doctrines that make Methodists distinctive.
Eight half-hour long presentations by leading Methodist theologians offer valuable information and insight concerning core Wesleyan ideas. The course will benefit both lifelong Methodists and those coming to Methodism from other traditions. A study guide and extensive supplemental presentations, including many of Wesleys own writings, are included on CD-ROM.
The lessons include:
1. The Nature of Methodist Doctrine - Sharon Grant & Ted Campbell (29:22)
2. Divine Trinity and Christology - Scott J. Jones (30:03)
3. Prevenient Grace and Repentance - Elaine A. Robinson (29:35)
4. Justifying Faith and Assurance - Walter Klaiber (28:54)
5. Sanctification - Sondra Wheeler (29:36)
6. Baptism and Christian Initiation - Henry Knight (27:21)
7. Eucharist - Lawrence Hull Stookey (26:05)
8. Eschatology - Randy L. Maddox (28:57)